Hello friends, I am Mahesh Angadi. In the year 2019, I discovered the beauty of alternatives to conventional schooling. With curosity and interest, I searched various resources on the internet, joined few Facebook and Whatsapp groups, and interacted with few homeschooling and unschooling parents as well.
After analyzing repeated queries on social media regarding NIOS, homeschooling and unschooling, I decided to create this website, wherein, parents aspiring to homeschool or unschool their childrens can get the most relevant and important information in simple and precise form.
SDLF Resource Centre
Self Directed Learning Foundation (SDLF) is my personal, non-profit initiative. It's basically a Resource Centre (RC), wherein, homeschoolers and unschoolers can visit and enjoy their self/group learning journey. Parents aspiring to homeschool or unschool their childrens can also visit this place to resolve their doubts and misunderstandings in this regard. These facilities/services are provided free of cost, subject to prior intimation and approval.
Objectives of SDLF
- To raise awareness about Self Directed Learning (SDL), Homeschooling and Unschooling.
- To provide learning resources, internship and entrepreneual opportunities for homeschooling and unschooling community.
- To resolve queries of parents who intends to homeschool or unschool their childrens.
- To organize sharing circles and other get together events for homeschooling and unschooling community.
- To raise awareness about NIOS.
Resource Centre Infrastructure
Due to extended lockdown period, SDLF is temporarily closed and infrastructural development is also interrupted. Hopefully, by August 2020, we would be able to launch it.
- Self Directed Learning Foundation (SDLF) is an unregistered, not-for-profit initiative, working in the area of self directed learning, homeschooling and unschooling.
- SDLF is a personal initiative of founder, Shri Mahesh Maharudra Angadi and as such is not registered with any government body of India, nor has any Bank Accounts/Deposits.
- The entire expenses of foundation are funded by the founder and the working operations of foundation are also executed through residential flat of founder in Dombivli (East).
- SDLF do not collect any donations/fees/money in any form. Resources and services of foundation are free of cost to concerned homeschooler/unschooler, subject to prior intimation and approval.
- SDLF in any way doesn't disrespect or abuse or underestimate conventional school education system in India. It only provides awareness, guidance and support to parents who are unsatisfied with conventional schooling and are in search of alternatives to it.
- SDLF is not a school/coaching centre/franchise/accredited institute of NIOS or any other educational institution. If you come across any individuals or organizations that are maliciously spreading wrong information about SDLF, beware of them and kindly confirm with us for exact facts.
- If you find any mistakes in the website content or have any updated information, kindly bring it to our notice, so that the same can be rectified. SDLF/SDLF founder never claims to be an expert in the field of homeschooling or unschooling.
© Copyright 2020 Mr. Mahesh Angadi